Buzzsprout podcast site example

Introducing the New Buzzsprout Podcast Websites

Here’s the truth: your podcast needs a website. You need a single place where anyone on the planet can learn about your podcast, connect with your show on social media, and subscribe on the podcast app of their choice.

Until recently, you’d need to build a website using Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace, or something similar to have a fully-functioning website for your podcast. Not anymore!

Buzzsprout just rolled out our brand new podcast websites, available at no additional cost to every Buzzsprout user. They’re designed to meet the needs of 95% of podcasters, which means you can take the money you would be spending on website hosting and development fees and put it back into making your podcast better!

Check out examples of the new podcast websites for Buzzcast and How to Start a Podcast.

Home Page

home page

When someone first comes to your podcast website, they’ll immediately see your podcast artwork, podcast summary, and direct links to subscribe to your podcast on their favorite app.

In the top right corner, we’ve included buttons that make it easy for people to connect with you on social media and you can customize the look and feel of your website by choosing a banner color or uploading a background image.

podcast episode list

As someone scrolls down your homepage, they’ll see a list of all of your published episodes. When they find one they’re interested in, all the person has to do is click on it to navigate to the Episode Page.

Episode Page

podcast website episode page

When someone lands on the episode page, they’ll see the Wave Player front and center. All they have to do is hit the play button to start listening. (Note: If you use one of our legacy podcast players on your website those embeds are unaffected by your Buzzsprout Podcast Website).

Below the Wave Player, there are three tabs where someone can learn more about the episode.

The first tab contains your Show Notes. These are the formatted show notes you create for your episode and are displayed here in addition to all the podcast directories where your show is listed.

podcast transcriptions on website

If you use Buzzsprout’s internal integration with Temi to transcribe your episode, that transcript will appear here. Also, any changes or updates you make to your transcription will automatically update here as well! No more trying to remember if you refreshed that blog post after you noticed you spelled your own name wrong in the transcript.

chapter markers on podcast website

If you create Chapter Markers for your episode, those markers will appear under the third tab as well as within the Wave Player.

Website Admin Area

podcast website create and edit

To customize your podcast website, navigate to the “Website” tab in your Buzzsprout dashboard. From there you can set the color and background image for the top banner (defaults to the color you have selected for the episode progress bar), include direct links to your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram profiles, add links to your podcast in the major directories, and more.

You can also use your own domain/URL to add the finishing touch to your custom podcast website. All it takes is a few quick steps in your domain host and you're all set.

Whenever you want to preview your changes, click the button that says “Preview Website” to see how it looks.

Who still needs to build a website?

The new Buzzsprout Podcast Websites were designed to meet the needs of 95% of podcasters (and we think they do that quite well), but what about the other 5%?

If you sell your own products and courses, if you write blog posts, if your podcast is a part of a larger brand or company, or if you feature other content in addition to your podcast, we still recommend you build a website that can house everything you’re creating.

But if you’re just looking for a great-looking website that can take your podcast to the next level, look no further than the new Buzzsprout Podcast Websites!